Albert Moore, Attorney at Law

Should I Use The Same Attorney For A Transaction And Litigation?

As long as the attorney who drafted the agreement (who we call the transactional lawyer) is the attorney who will litigate, then that is fine. In fact, it’s probably advantageous to have the same lawyer for a transaction and litigation. However, many lawyers only handle the transactional aspect of these deals. Fortunately, our firm handles both. So, if we’re drafting the documents on behalf of the seller and the buyer backs out, then we can file suit on behalf of the seller to enforce the terms or sue for damages.

Should I Contact A Realtor Prior To Contacting An Attorney In A Real Estate Dispute?

If there are negotiations regarding the purchase price of a property before an agreement is signed, then it’s not a problem to talk to a realtor about that first. However, an attorney should review everything before an agreement is signed. If there is a dispute that arises from that point forward, then the attorney should be consulted; a realtor is not going to be able to give legal advice.

What Qualities Should I Look For In A Real Estate Attorney?

First and foremost, you want an attorney who has handled a lot of real estate transactions. As I stated, our firm handles both residential and commercial transactions. You want to make sure that you have an attorney who understands title issues and any other issues that may pop up regarding realtors, agents or brokers. It is also important to have an attorney who can handle disputes as well as transactions so that you can stay with the same attorney if a dispute arises.

What Sets You And Your Firm Apart In Handling Real Estate Matters?

Our level of experience sets us apart from the rest. I have over 33 years of experience in drafting both residential and commercial real estate documents. I also have over 33 years of experience in litigating real estate disputes. Additionally, I was a co-owner of a title company, so I have a thorough understanding of title insurance and all of the documents that accompany title commitments. I’m a licensed real estate broker in the state of Florida, which is not required to practice real estate law but is certainly helpful in understanding the broker’s perspective, the realtor’s perspective and the customer’s obligations. I’ve litigated and successfully cleared up many title problems in court, which is a type of experience that most general practitioners lack. This is yet another reason that people should consider using our firm for their real estate needs.

Additional Information On Real Estate Matters In Florida

Anyone who is contemplating purchasing a property that is within an HOA or a condominium association needs professional assistance and guidance in order to understand the associated restrictions and obligations. I also practice community association law, which covers condominium and homeowner associations. Most people who purchase into those types of associations really don’t understand the nature and quantity of the restrictions. Consumers need to know what their rights are before deciding to make a purchase. An attorney will be able to give guidance on these matters. It’s always easier to prevent a problem than it is to fix it once it’s occurred, so I always tell people to consult with an attorney who has not only practiced real estate law, but also community associations. We do both.

For more information on Real Estate Transactions & Litigation, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (772) 242-3600 today.

(772) 242-3600

Related Articles